Thursday, May 08, 2008

I Blog, Therefore, I Am

I tend to think of this blog as an online magazine of stupid and sometimes interesting stuff. That's one of the reasons I never do a post without an image in it. (This ain't The New Yorker. It's more like Highlights for Children or Mad.) That's also the reason I will go back and edit a post if I later find misspellings or half-baked thoughts not fully fleshed out. Or if I find some twisted language that makes no sense, such as using "half-baked" and "fleshed out" in a sentence together. Baked flesh.

Traffic to this little corner of the World Wide Waste of Time has crept up slowly, but there is no way to "monetize" that light trickle and you will never see contextual ads in the sidebar. Maybe someday when I reach 100,000 hits a day I can start selling t-shirts and plastic awareness bracelets. Until then, it's just a place to create, because oftentimes my job doesn't allow me to do that.

Here are some of the things being said around the world about Where's My Jetpack?

"Brilliantly subversive."
Advance, a Danish agency

"I'm quite fond of Mr. Jetpacks."
Stan Lee, Melbourne, Australia

"It must be nice typing rants to yourself."
Some anonymous commenter


Labels: , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

8 Comments:

  • Put me on the list for a t-shirt. :)

    By Blogger Thinking In Vain, at May 8, 2008 at 8:54 AM  

  • I'll take a baked flesh bracelet. Love your show!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 8, 2008 at 11:04 AM  

  • Someone should send you some spam so you can monetize "the buzz." I'll see what I can do.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 8, 2008 at 11:19 AM  

  • I feel like one of those movie reviewers who end up getting quoted on ads and posters.

    Stan - Four stars!

    By Blogger Stanley Johnson, at May 8, 2008 at 9:59 PM  

  • Oh, and for shirts, since I’ve been too lazy to do mine, order me some XXLs. What, XL is tight.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 9, 2008 at 10:39 AM  

  • I like it...that's all that matters.

    Keep it up.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 9, 2008 at 10:47 PM  

  • With ya on the photo-with-every-post thing. And with all your rationale for writing the blog. Me too.

    You know how much I dig your blog, so any more compliments with regard to that would simply be redundant.

    But I would like to commend you on the PROPER use of the words "fleshed out." One of my biggest pet peeves is when, in a meeting, someone who should be educated and intelligent... like, say, a client or Account Director... say "flushed out" instead.

    And you can add this one to your list of quotes:

    "Uses phrases and idioms in the proper way!... Writes funny captions to old-style, Larry-Tate-like advertising images."

    Texan In Hippieland

    By Blogger Unknown, at May 13, 2008 at 3:04 PM  

  • Happy to spread the word in this little corner of Scandinavia!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 22, 2008 at 5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home