Thursday, June 12, 2008

Workplace Distractions

A laptop serves as my main computer at work (with an attached monitor, keyboard and mouse, as I hate laptop keyboards and touch pads.) The laptop's video card is incapable of accommodating an added monitor as an extension, it merely mirrors the same display. That is distracting. You might say, "Close it partially to the point just before it powers off." Tried that. Distracting. So I covered the display with my copy-holder-clip-thing. Boring. So I took a picture of the thing and made a picture in a picture in a picture in some sort of Dali-Escher absinthe-fueled infinity-nightmare and stuck it in the copy holder. Distracting. Hypnotizing, eh?

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

  • Or you could just span your desktop using this:
    http://www.rutemoeller.com/mp/ibook/ibook_e.html

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 12, 2008 at 10:13 AM  

  • You still keep a tidy desk.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 12, 2008 at 10:21 AM  

  • Distractions aside, I also hate laptop keyboards and touch pads. Damn thing always takes the lightest graze as a suggestion to switch from line while I'm busy writing while looking at something else. Once I look at the screen, it resembles Czech more than English. damn it

    By Blogger Joker, at June 12, 2008 at 10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home