Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Picnic At Karl Rove's Place

why hasn't Rove been arrested yet?The McCain Campaign is reinventing the term “Kool-Aid Drinkers,” and my own family has been victimized.

A well-respected and formerly level-headed close relative of mine told me last night by phone, “You know that thing in Berlin for Obama? They were just there to see a rock concert! Did you see how bored they were? They didn’t know they had to sit through a speech before they could see their concert! I don’t know what he’s for except ‘Change.’ He can’t even talk without a teleprompter. It's all uhs and duhs.”

I said, “Mom! You need to balance your Limbaugh diet with some other news sources.”

Mom replied, “What? Those liberals at 6:30 who are all in love with Obama?”

“Try CSPAN,” I suggested. (Where full-length, actual sit-down interviews with Obama can be seen where he, surprisingly, is very articulate, bright and clean.)

The attack dogs are ahead of McCain, creating his talking points for him, setting his agenda and crafting his policy. My own dear mother has been duped by Limbaugh, Hannity and Rove.

Now the Republicans are attempting a very cheesy brand of humor. It’s not working.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

7 Comments:

  • Dave, this post made me laugh. Best to your mother.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 30, 2008 at 4:18 PM  

  • Dirtsister:

    Your elevated mood is my goal!

    By Blogger RFB, at July 30, 2008 at 4:58 PM  

  • What is it with older generations suddenly going insane? My in-laws are prone to the same thing... particularly my father-in-law.

    Makes for really interesting THREE HOUR ARGUMENTS between him and my husband sometimes. ARGH...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 30, 2008 at 7:28 PM  

  • Hey, it was on the TV so it must be true.

    McCain ought to try that strategy, though:

    "Metallica will be on stage after a short presentation... by John McCain!"

    "My friends, have you ever thought about Time Shares? err... America, I was a POW. Can I count on your vote?"

    I smell WIN(!).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 31, 2008 at 4:38 PM  

  • I feel a thrill going up my leg when I see the Luda vid. It's so catchy!

    http://snipurl.com/38l9d

    Only a few more months until Rev. Wright's book. In the meantime, I might have to read this.

    http://snipurl.com/38l7i

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 31, 2008 at 9:54 PM  

  • Sandwich:

    Heard that author interviewed yesterday. He is right that if Obama doesn't address the charges made, he can't win. But it's another case of "repeat it enough and it will stick, regardless of the truth of it." Classic Rove. Classic Hannity.

    By Blogger RFB, at August 1, 2008 at 10:56 AM  

  • its really scary stuff.

    the brainwashing.

    and how easily people are persuaded and ready to argue to the death without even glancing at the other side of the fence.

    By Blogger shaun., at August 4, 2008 at 1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home