Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Leaving Your Mark

What was to be a three-month gig turned into 14 months, but the economy finally caught up to the industry and MegaCorp is jettisoning a few of us in CubeWorldTM who are contractors: an art director, a proofreader, a production manager and me, a copy paster writer.

In a very humane act atypical of giant multinationals, they're giving us six weeks to scout around for work and wrap up what little we've got left to do here.

I like to think I made a contribution. One of the accomplishments of which I am most proud is owning all five of the High Score positions on the Galaga game in the company's break room. No one in this company can touch my Galaga skills. That's going on my résumé.

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home