Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Leaving Your Mark

What was to be a three-month gig turned into 14 months, but the economy finally caught up to the industry and MegaCorp is jettisoning a few of us in CubeWorldTM who are contractors: an art director, a proofreader, a production manager and me, a copy paster writer.

In a very humane act atypical of giant multinationals, they're giving us six weeks to scout around for work and wrap up what little we've got left to do here.

I like to think I made a contribution. One of the accomplishments of which I am most proud is owning all five of the High Score positions on the Galaga game in the company's break room. No one in this company can touch my Galaga skills. That's going on my résumé.

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

  • Galaga is my all time fave. Sorry for your loss.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 15, 2008 at 2:48 PM  

  • Dude, that sucks.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 15, 2008 at 6:39 PM  

  • loss of Galaga privileges > loss of paycheck for sure.

    Or

    In internet commentors speak:

    Galaga p0wns money.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 16, 2008 at 12:55 PM  

  • interesting that they gave you guys six weeks notice. I've often seen people barely get six minutes worth so that definitely says something about your Cube World™ in question. Good luck finding a new gig though and make sure to keep ruining people's dreams of Galaga superiority.

    Cheers

    By Blogger Joker, at October 21, 2008 at 3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home