Monday, December 15, 2008

The King's House

No, not Graceland (Elvis was overrated). It's BK headquarters in Miami from my hotel room. Somewhere in this building someone approved the CP+B idea to put a man in tights and a giant plastic king head, thus creeping out the world for the next three years. (And making them laugh, which could possibly equal success. Only the failure of The Whopper's arch-revial the Baconator will tell. )

No, I'm not working with BK; in Miami with my new job for another reputable (yet undisclosed) client. First day on the job. So far, so good.

Have been met with at least three incredulous, "You've never been to Miami?" comments today. Sadly, no. Not sure why I had put it off. Just no reason to be here before, I guess. Seems to be a great city. I thought Orlando was a melting pot. This place is extremely diverse/cosmopolitan, in a very cool way.

I'm sure that's just the newness. I could be in Cleveland or Lubbock or Lansing and probably say, "This is a cool place!"

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

  • Watch out for the dude with the bright red hair and sunglasses. He'll mess you up, man!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 16, 2008 at 12:19 PM  

  • Orlando is such a tourist trap. Miami is the place to be. The clubs and hotels are pretty intense – quite unlike the Hampton Inn, I would imagine. It was always nice to go there for productions, as it was on the client/agency's dime. Otherwise, I'd be in the Hampton Inn too. Go over to Coconut Grove.

    By Blogger HighJive, at December 17, 2008 at 5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home