Thursday, May 07, 2009

Dana + Real Estate Advertising = Funny


I've done my share of bashing real estate advertising, but Dana Severson, a freelance copywriter from Minneapolis, (also soon to be home of the guy who can't say no and will go down remembered as a total douche instead of a Super Bowl winner. Yes, I'm talking about Deanna Favre's husband, the Wrangler wearing douche.) What was I saying? Oh, yeah - Dana has taken bashing real estate advertising to a new place with his site The Real "Ad" Tor Awards. That's a mouthful of a name, but it's a niche that Dana clearly owns.

I see a coffee table book in Dana's future. And lawsuits from those featured in it.

UPDATE: This just in from Dana Severson:
I'm not the freelance copywriter Dana Severson from Minnesota. I do know him though. I'm the advertising director Dana Severson from Minnesota. He and I compete for Google rankings. Regardless, I appreciate the plug.

So, now I see how things work up there in Minnesota. And we make fun of Arkansas and West Virginia for being inbred.

Labels: , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

  • Expressed another way, the equation in this ad is also Home - Sold = Laurel Coyle.

    By Blogger Unknown, at May 7, 2009 at 3:00 PM  

  • Well stated my friend! I'm a bit upset that my "professor" contact at MIT didn't catch that.

    By Anonymous Dana Severson, at May 7, 2009 at 3:32 PM  

  • Glad to see I'm not the only person that confuses Dana Severson from Minnesota with the other Dana Severson from Minnesota.

    By Blogger Stanley Johnson, at May 9, 2009 at 10:21 AM  

  • Some people call the person with your name (or the same name) who competes with your for Google results your "Googleganger", a play on "doppleganger", meaning a lookalike confused for the original.

    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=googleganger

    Cheers,
    Vannevar

    By Anonymous Vannevar, at May 12, 2009 at 10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home