Friday, July 10, 2009

Put Her in the Backseat and Drive Her To Tennessee

Just got back from Tennessee, where I wish I was still. I can't say I missed blogging for one minute. Here's a shot taken during what photographer Ross Halfin calls "God's Light" one evening. Not a single thing was done to this image in Photoshop. Straight from the camera to here. (Click it for the big, screensaver version, free of charge. Hurry while supplies last.)


I'm so enamored of Tennessee, I even love their state flag. Understated, tasteful.


We didn't watch TV for a week, only checked Internet for emergency work emails and only on the computer that had a barely passable connection via Verizon. AT&T was out, as was Sprint. No cell phone service. We just hung out on a porch in the woods in the north central mountains of the state, went swimming and boating (Where's My Jetski?) in a lake and had three great meals a day, no between-meal snacks.

And yes, I've posted this cringe-inducing video before, but it's always worth a second look, especially since Prince sings about Tennessee. In that funky Prince way.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

  • let's see...you predicted cabin fever...boredom...rednecks without I phones...red staters...hmmmm...did you have a good time?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 11, 2009 at 5:59 PM  

  • I predicted wrong.

    Red state, Blue state. Left, right. Redneck, city slicker. I've never met an American I didn't like.

    OK - that's a lie. But I had one helluva time.

    By Blogger RFB, at July 11, 2009 at 10:46 PM  

  • Glad you liked Tennessee. I pent many years there and also loved it. Plus, some of the finest musicians in the world are there. A fellow could do far worse than Tennessee.

    By Anonymous everysandwich, at July 20, 2009 at 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home