Monday, December 14, 2009

How They Get Their Christmas Trees in Alaska

I was talking to one of my sisters the other day, as it is my annual habit to ring them on their birthdays and do the yearly catch-up, when our small talk turned to Christmas trees. I mentioned that we had just put ours up. She asked, "Did you go out to the woods and cut it down?" which made me laugh, as we don't do that down here. We have many places to find trees, but the woods isn't one of them, and we usually just end up at Home Depot. I could tell she thought that was sort of sad, and now I know why. She just sent me these images of her recent excursion to round up a Christmas tree.

Step One: Find tree in remote forest.

Step Two: Drag tree under wing of plane.

Step Three: Secure tree to wing struts with shrink wrap.

Step Four: Fly home, set up tree.



Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home