Sunday, February 21, 2010

If I Only Had a Brain

Around Central Florida, ads for Florida Hospital have been appearing with this image of a boxing glove that looks like a brain. Or perhaps it's a brain that is simply a boxing glove. I don't know. And aren't brains grey? (That's "gray" for my American countrymen.) What I do know is that this is one of those ads that makes you go, "Gross." And perhaps I'm a little short on grey matter, but this is a confusing message to me. So if a stroke is "a knockout punch to the brain," then is this glove a brain that is going to knock someone out? Or does the glove just represent a stroke? Or does this glove represent that the hospital is fighting back? With a punch from a brain? An outdoor board execution with this same image says "We're champs at fighting back." OK, whatever.

It'll probably win an award.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

  • plus, boxing has been known to damage the brain. maybe they should have depicted boxing head gear with brain imagery on it. it ultimately speaks to the responsible creatives' brains (or lack of brains).

    By Blogger HighJive, at February 21, 2010 at 2:22 PM  

  • I saw this on I-4 when I was down there last month. I also thought the same thing (gross), but I didn't think about it too much--just concluded that it's fucking stupid.

    10 seconds later the person in the car with me said, "OMG, I loooove that new ad! It's so creative."

    I don't get it either.

    By Blogger sara, at February 21, 2010 at 2:56 PM  

  • If it's a knockout, the match is over, but why quibble with details. Also, ugh.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 22, 2010 at 10:43 PM  

  • I can't wait to show my sister this.

    By Blogger Thinking In Vain, at February 23, 2010 at 11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home