Friday, August 10, 2007

Relevance: It's a Beautiful Thing

I know we can't control the idiots, but I'd encourage all bloggers to delete comments that have NOTHING to do with your post. These neo-spammers take the time to get past your word verification thingy, and yet they still give you their generic pasted bullshit like:

"Nice blog. I really like it. Please visit my blog."

I understand that one of the ways to drive traffic to your site is to comment on other blogs, but you can't treat other blogs as bulletin boards for your own blog or website. Say something that actually pertains to the post or contributes in some way to the conversation. Quit being stupid, please.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

  • JP: I blogged about that the other day. It is pretty amazing - I've gotten posts for actual products- I wonder if there's some sort of program now that lets spammers get past the password protect thing.

    I'm guessing the bloggers who spam you like that are in on those "get-rich-quick-from-blogging" schemes where they get a few shekels per hit and thus desperately need the traffic.

    By Blogger Alan Wolk, at August 10, 2007 at 11:18 AM  

  • nice blog. i really like it. please visit my blog.

    By Blogger HighJive, at August 10, 2007 at 2:17 PM  

  • I just knew some wiseass would come along and post that. But I guess I was asking for it.

    By Blogger RFB, at August 10, 2007 at 2:25 PM  

  • Funny, right after you wrote this I got the below message on my blog:

    Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

    GRRRR.

    By Blogger ke, at August 13, 2007 at 4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home