Thursday, August 02, 2007

Screamin' Funny

I hated the tree-kicking Wendy's ad, but this one works for me. On one forum I saw this remark: "I mean, how is this supossed to get me to go to Wendy's? It's like some weird horror movie directed by Fellini." To which someone else replied, "Who cares about the commercial? It has 6 strips of bacon...it sells itself." Anyway, clueless wonder, it's not a horror film. Men's faces are crudely affixed to the bodies of girls going insane in some sort of Beatlemania over the Baconator. And I think they even used real footage from the era.



I even love the "That's Right" stinger that closes the ad. It's got the WTF/Humor factor + more. It's got 6 strips of bacon. And Saatchi figured it out: a burger of this grotesque magnitude and artery clogging capabilities will only sell to men who like to laugh in the face of death. Hence the pudgy, goofy Vince Vaughn looking guy at the end.

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

  • I liked this one too when I saw it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 2, 2007 at 10:47 PM  

  • Um... I know quite a few women with an intense love of bacon.

    :)

    p.s. Even though Wendy's is doing this whole "fresh" thing, I'd like to point out that the last place I want a raw hamburger is from a fast food place.

    By Blogger Thinking In Vain, at August 3, 2007 at 8:43 AM  

  • What's even more brilliant is that the Baconator isn't even a real sandwich. However, if you order one, they WILL make it for you. I think that's awesome.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 3, 2007 at 9:53 AM  

  • The men's faces affixed to girls' bodies -- I do love this spot. I also love that they've finally turned away from Dave or Dave's daughter or Dave's legacy and moved on.

    By Blogger Irene Done, at August 4, 2007 at 1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home