Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Spots That Make You Go, "Uh..."

I enjoy a nice cold Kirin beer if I'm at the sushi bar. As they say, "When in Tokyo." (It's got a slight pear aroma with a sweet, smooth not-too-heavy draw. And I have no idea what that means, but it seems apt.)

This commercial, while well done, (and likely lost on me as I do not hablo Japonés) seems to be trying to strum a thousand different heart strings at once. I count: family, working man, youth, generational divide, culture, society, beauty, striving and longing - at least. Any interpretations that might shed light are welcome.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

  • That's kind of that ad culture's M.O., though--at least in what I've seen. Throw everything they can fit into a spot or on paper. It reminds me of that time Homer Simpson made his own web page.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 15, 2008 at 6:25 PM  

  • I don't speak Japanese, but I would venture to say that this ad is all about telling the viewer that no matter who you are or what you're doing, at the end of the day, your bitch ass needs to drink Kirin.

    What I know this ad is definitely not saying is that Japan doesn't want to start another World War. No, let's drink instead - Oh ho!

    By Blogger Josh S, at January 16, 2008 at 1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home