Thursday, May 29, 2008

I'm a Bad Blogger

Apologies to my blogging buds, whom I've neglected by not commenting on their blogs regularly as I used to. Reason is the Evil Corporate Masters, who prevent me from seeing anything with the suffix of .blogspot, .typepad or .wordpress. I can see you in my reader and always read your stuff, but that's it. Unless I get to you at home after work or on the weekends, I'm a negligent blogger.

Apologies to AdRants, AdScam, Agency Tart, American Copywriter, Catch Up Lady, Brand DNA, Chimp Media Monitoring, Copyranter, Every Sandwich, Hespos, Heybeus, Life in the Garden, Married to the Sea, Make The Logo Bigger, Mental Hygiene, MultiCult Classics, New York Punk, RayTube, Renegade Agency Confessional, Scamp, Texan in Hippieland, The AdHole, The Daily (Ad) Biz, The Assimilated Negro, Thinking in Vain, Toadstool, Why Advertising Sucks, Yes But No But Yes, Yonder Ponder.

Some of you have also been very negligent, not posting to your own blogs in months. Blogging is tough work, I know, but if you remain dormant, I've got to pull you from the "Linkers and Lurkers" list and replace you with something new. No offense, but if you've quit, I'm not keeping you around out of respect for your blog's memory. Not that I don't respect your blog's memory...but you know what I mean.

On the plus side, Evil Corporate Masters today announced a permanent switch from Business Casual to Totally Casual all the time, not just on Fridays. So maybe not so Evil after all.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

15 Comments:

  • Casual? What are the restrictions? Open toed shoes and spandex? Please advise. Khaki pants and navy shirt? Please advise.

    word verification: oudrq

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 29, 2008 at 9:15 PM  

  • Very sad that so much useful (and dumb for that matter) information is being withheld from you at work. Forget casual. I'd rather wear a suit everyday than have my web access restricted.

    By Blogger Stanley Johnson, at May 30, 2008 at 2:35 AM  

  • Casual? Time to break out the WMJP thong, 'packs?

    And on the blog-blocking: you could always try to surf from an internatinoal proxy address. That's how I'd get around BESS when I was working as a public school teacher and wanted to look up info about the best way to beat kids without leaving marks.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 30, 2008 at 9:34 AM  

  • It's ok. I *forget* to get out of my reader and make comments. At least you have a real excuse. :p

    p.s. It's Hawaiian shirt time! Ha ha.

    By Blogger Thinking In Vain, at May 30, 2008 at 9:43 AM  

  • I'm alive, I'm alive!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 30, 2008 at 12:34 PM  

  • I'm gonna need visual aids for distinctions in levels of casual. I mean, for some bloggers, there's sweats and then dress sweats. What scale are the corporate masters working from?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 30, 2008 at 12:49 PM  

  • It's these hard economic times. Tighter wallets, more formal clothing. That may be the hidden reason for the 'net restrictions, all that data travelling everywhere is costly!
    Thanks for the apology, but nobody looks at my stuff, and I expect my blog to operate like I'm talking to myself in a dark closet, with some wires in my hand.

    By Blogger raytubes, at May 30, 2008 at 2:52 PM  

  • I've been MIA because of being overworked. Next week I vow to cruise and catch up man. Take care and fight the power!!!

    By Blogger Joker, at May 30, 2008 at 5:54 PM  

  • To be honest, if you’re actually reading that many blogs during working hours, I’d restrict your Web access too. Plus reinstitute the formal attire mandates.

    By Blogger HighJive, at May 31, 2008 at 11:28 PM  

  • HJ:

    I get my work done, ahead of time, and well. I think reading other things on the job is helpful to your creativity.

    But truthfully, I never got to them all in a day even when I worked at home. I just copied my blogroll from the right panel here.

    By Blogger RFB, at June 1, 2008 at 12:07 AM  

  • You are a copywriter, right? Aren't you wearing casuals, downing scotch, snorting coke while writing killer copy as you pinch that secretary's bottom?

    By Blogger New York Punk, at June 2, 2008 at 10:53 PM  

  • I'll put down my scotch and stop lurking.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 6, 2008 at 7:00 PM  

  • AAC:

    Apologies, Brian. I'm adding you to the Lurkers List.

    By Blogger RFB, at June 6, 2008 at 7:01 PM  

  • Apologies. I've been totally mailing it the fuck in for weeks.

    Sometimes it's hard to be this cynical and insightful for days at a time.

    THanks for not pulling me (yet)

    I promise to try to pay more attention.

    Also: I've been negligent in reading and commenting on my faves too. I guess I owe you all a link love post.

    By Blogger James-H, at June 18, 2008 at 9:14 PM  

  • I'm back, goddammit. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 11, 2008 at 2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home