Friday, November 28, 2008

I Should Update the Microsoft Spellchecker

And simply click "add" so that this word doesn't get the red squiggly underline anymore. But I don't as a reminder that Google and Microsoft are mortal enemies, and that Microsoft purposely did not include the word "Google" in their dictionary because they hate them that much. Maybe subsequent versions gave in, but I'm sure the hate is still just as real.

Resistance is futile, Ballmer.

And speaking of rivalries and things Microsoft hates, I used to be a die-hard PC guy, not willing to go along with the cultists who love their Macs so much that they have little Apple stickers on their cars, but as my gig at CubeWorldTM comes to an end next week, I realize how much I will miss my Mac. Mac is just way better, less prone to failure and far more intuitive. If I were working on the Mac campaign, my suggested tagline would be "Way better." But really, I will miss my Mac mostly for the Apple+shift+4 selective screen grab feature, which makes things like grabbing the above image so much easier, making blogging from work that much stealthier.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

  • Screen grab on a Windows box is just as easy: tap the Print Screen key for the whole desktop, or Alt-Print Screen for just the selected desktop.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 28, 2008 at 3:47 PM  

  • Anon: I'm aware of the first option - but the selective method you mention doesn't work. Got a link that shows this?

    By Blogger RFB, at November 28, 2008 at 5:36 PM  

  • There's a utility called PrintKey 2000 that works OK - can select objects or draw a rectangle to do selective grabs. Was free but seems to have been withdrawn when PrintKey Pro came out for pay.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 28, 2008 at 10:18 PM  

  • It's worth mentioning that the correct spelling is googol -- the Google corporation got the domain name wrong when they registered it. MS might be slow on adding the name -- which is a misspelling -- to their dictionary for that reason.

    By Blogger warren, at December 1, 2008 at 3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home