Thursday, November 18, 2010

No Worries: Rush Will Never End Up Like Johnny Rotten

Here's a new spot from AT&T that features a slacker dad shopping for his newborn daughter. He rides around on a mouse wearing a Rush t-shirt. Get it? He's shopping online!!! And likely found the Rush onesie here. The girl will likely grow up to be a total geek.



I can't lie anymore, I love Rush, but I don't know how I feel about them getting this much mainstream action. I mean sure, I pitched them collaborating with Porsche, but that was based on their music.

As Geddy Lee said, "We're the world's biggest cult band." Maybe all the love the band has received in the last year has made them an "acceptable" cult band. I guess I'm glad they're finally getting their due.

Locally, a music writer I follow on Twitter went to their recent show in Tampa. Money quote:

"...a talented band that has forged a strong and unique bond with its fans simply by being honest about who they are and what they do. If that’s not punk rock, I don’t know what is."

Eat it, John Lydon.

(I posted this spot earlier in its unfinished state, but the agency requested it be removed from YouTube because it wasn't done.)

Labels: , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home