Saturday, June 02, 2007

Quit Your Job and Buy a Harley

I think it's odd how the motorcycle manufacturer that now has gift shops in airports, its own line of designer beef jerky, huge movie endorsements, expensive clothing and "collectibles" all over its website, can still pretend to be the icon of rebellion.

"The man" didn't need quotation marks. And I'm not even sure what you want me to do here. If I don't have to spend a lifetime working for the man, then I guess you're appealing to my sense of entrepreneurship? Help me out here, Harley. Before I tell "the man" to "take this job and shove it" and ride off on a midlife crisis adventure with John Travolta and Martin Lawrence, do I sign up for the easy extended payment plan through Harley Davidson Financial Services?

You have become the man, HD. And your old brand position is no longer valid.

Previously in I hate Harleys.
Previously in Harleys Suck

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home