Friday, July 04, 2008

Blasphemer!

I thought I'd edit Mr. Jefferson's document a little.

Oh, take a joke, you flag worshipersClick for Maximum Offensiveness

Guess this means Sean Hannity won't be inviting me to his picnic.

Of course I "Love My Country." But let's be real for a minute on this day and remember that the "Founding Fathers" would probably not have associated with you unless you wore a powdered wig and banged your slaves. It's fine to celebrate our past, but don't color history in such majestic and glorious shades that you repaint it entirely.

We still have a long way to go as a country. We are just as divided today as we were then. 40-45% of the colonists supported the rebellion. 15-20% of the population remained loyal to the British Crown and the remaining 35-45% attempted to remain neutral.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home