Thursday, March 11, 2010

Linked-In Recommendations are Bullshit

"Will you write a recommendation for me?"

The very question is whiny by nature. And who will we ask this question of? ONLY people who are going to write over-the-top, nice recommendations for us, of course. I wish Linked-In allowed unsolicited recommendations, good or bad, like say, Amazon and their 1- to 5-star review system, because then I'd have this to say on a few Linked-In profiles. (Please note: I have never worked with a "Mike," to my recollection.)

Worthless Piece of Crap. Walking Proof of Devolution March 11, 2010

By: Jetpacks (Orlando) See all my reviews.

This review is for Mike Smith, Advertiser

Mike is the kind of guy who, if you aren't careful, will try to rape your girlfriend or murder your children if he thinks he can make a dollar from it. I wouldn't trust Mike to pick up my mail and walk my dog were I on vacation. Ineptitude permeates every aspect of Mike's life, from his slovenly appearance to the endless and boring Powerpoint presentations he has managed to turn into a career. The accomplishments Mike lists on his profile are the accomplishments of others. Mike can talk for a solid hour without taking a breath, and also without saying anything of import. Mike sucks beyond my ability to convey, and I only wish I could give him zero stars. Mike should not be employed in any environment where other humans work. He would make an excellent ant farmer or the guy who cleans up dead animals on the roadway.


Was this review helpful to you?

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

  • I love it! I can think of a person or two I'd like to "recommend" like this, too.

    By Blogger Unknown, at March 11, 2010 at 3:10 PM  

  • Those people who scrape up skunk and possom off the highway, they make good money. Yeah, Linked In will be a distant memory. It's perfect for IT geeks...but, wait, I'm on it. YIKES.

    By Anonymous adchick, at March 14, 2010 at 8:54 PM  

  • I agree 100%. Linked-In recommendations and reviews are bullshit, just as most references given on a CV, i.e. would you give your last employer as a reference if you left the company on bad terms? The other thing I find ridiculous is that if A recommends B then B almost always will recommend A back, due to the laws of social niceness, which makes half the recommendations on Linked-In meaningless. For example, if Hitler recommended me I wouldn't necessarily want to reciprocate.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 1, 2014 at 9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home