Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Corporate Speak Simplifier

I'm currently contracting with a very fine company that is unfortunately mired in the nonsense that is corporate speak. I'm compiling a list as I hear these phrases way too often. Maddening, but there's no way you're ever going to stop it. It's being passed on to the next generation. I'm listening as people fresh out of college toss these phrases about as if they've been let into a secret club with its own code words. Feel free to add your own in the comments.

Circle Back: Discuss Later

Touch Base: Contact

Reach Out: Contact

Take Offline: Discuss Privately

Flush Out: (They Mean "Flesh Out," by they always say Flush Out) Build

Download: Inform 

Buy In: Agree or Approval

Tie Off: Approve (New one on me.)



We're Some Serious Bullshitters
  

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home