Monday, March 22, 2010

Locals Only: Thou Shalt Not Steal


Here's a fine local CPA, with testimonials from satisfied clients attesting to his skill with numbers and things like that. Larry and his wife seem like nice folks, and to show you how nice, they will include a little bible quote at the bottom of their full-page ad along with a cross image. But this is not any cross image, it's the very recognizable "cross and flame" logo of the United Methodist Church, and the denomination has some very strict guidelines regarding the appropriation of their logo, none of which it appears Larry has followed.

But Larry is seeking that coveted demo: people who will only drink milk from a Christian cow, and he means no harm, I'm sure. He's just not good at legal stuff.

He's waiting for the cease and desist, I suppose. Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. 
 

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • Whenever I see a big fish on the front of a business, I immediately know that is NOT a place I will be spending any money. Nice folks my ass.

    By Anonymous adchick, at March 22, 2010 at 11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home