Thursday, October 04, 2007

Rock On, Wachovia!

This is from the homepage of wachovia.com, where I bank. Acoustic-playing, Army-jacket, ripped- jean, Chuck Taylor-wearing Rockerman is EXCITED about Wachovia's fixed rate mortgage loans. In fact, he's so pumped, he might just write a song about how his old adjustable rate mortgage was taking food out of his baby's mouth while The Man was getting rich and fat keeping him down.

Which reminds me; if I read one more sycophantic review of Springsteen's latest upchucking of pseudo-Americana, I'm going to...I don't what I'm going to do. But Springsteen releasing another buttload of whiny working-man, stop-the-war, what-happened-to-my-country songs is not worthy of the Google News homepage for 2 weeks. You're not the Boss of me, Bruce.

Yes, I am aware that the Springsteen Army is vast and vehement. Bring it on. You can't make me worship him. And I'm no less an American if I don't. If we have to choose a preacher of the singer-songwriter variety to be the spokesperson for our Collective National Angst, I'll take Canadian Neil Young any day.

Labels: , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

  • Bon Jovi is the new Boss, so Bruce can take some time off if he needs.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 4, 2007 at 10:53 PM  

  • Bon Jovi may be the new boss, but he'll never be the songwriter. Unfortunately, niether will Bruce ever again. Bruce has now joined the overrated crowd of Clapton, BB King, and Keith Richards. What was ain't no more. Hopefolly Bon Jovi will write another good song ( notice singular and not plural ) to sustain him for the next three years, after all you "can't go back"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 6, 2007 at 7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home