Friday, February 15, 2008

Big Love for Network Solutions

I like these banners for Network Solutions where the old man’s mouth moves like a marionette’s as he talks about his 36 brides in some sort of unsubtle joke about polygamy. The casting is great, if you can call picking a picture of an old man for a banner campaign “casting.”

It’s the crude cutout nature of it that works for me. Not unlike the men’s faces affixed to screaming girls in the Baconator spot.

Not that the ads get me to go to Network Solutions. GoDaddy stole my “mindshare” for that market years ago when they undercut everybody on domain name pricing.

And doesn't "Network Solutions" have such a late 90s ring to it? So World Wide Web. But I guess they were ahead of their time, since the company was founded in 1979.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

  • Yeah, not so much for me. These ads give me the creeps, particularly the Colonel Sanders puppet head from hell example you posted.

    They kind of remind me of the Terrance and Phillip cartoons on South Park, though.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 15, 2008 at 10:40 AM  

  • GoDaddy.com has become more and more crude as time goes by in terms of advertising. I assume your connection process in the third paragraph are two separate thoughts rather than assuming GoDaddy's ads stole your "mindshare."

    Then again, assumption is the mother of all fuck-ups.

    By Blogger Josh S, at February 15, 2008 at 12:02 PM  

  • Josh:

    By "mindshare" I meant that when I think of where to register a domain name, I first think of GoDaddy. I hate their stupid ads and Bob Parsons has gone off the deep end. As for Danika Patrick, well - she's kind of racy.

    Racy! AHAHAHAHA.

    By Blogger RFB, at February 15, 2008 at 12:25 PM  

  • “Racy!”

    Ziiiing!

    Or is that,

    Vroooooooom!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 15, 2008 at 5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home