Friday, February 01, 2008

A Hovercraft in Every Drive

Instant breakfast on the table at 6:45

Friends of the show Jason Fox and Russ Smith both sent in links this week to sites about actual working jetpacks.

Jason, a Dallas-based copywriter who authors the hilarious Ad Hole, (and is now the proud father of twins. Congratulations, Mr. & Mrs. Fox.) sent in this one. Russ, (who I'm not sure I know what he does, but he reads this blog and might live in either Ohio or Colorado based on his Picasa set) sent in this one.

Thanks to both of them for the heads-up, but as I've said before, until a jetpack is available at Wal-Mart for a decent price and can go more than a quarter mile on a tank of fuel, this blog's name stays as is.

(I'll be linking to you both this weekend in the "Linkers and Lurkers" section to the right. Also, Joker, who writes a thoughtful blog and comments here late at night after he's been drinking heavily. Unless Joker is Russ Smith.)

On another note, I suppose it's time to cease receiving US flag redesign submissions, since Ben Mall, better known to the Internet as Texan in Hippieland, was the only one who sent in a design. Here's Ben's. It looks suspiciously similar to the Texas flag.



Labels: , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

  • Thanks for the linkup, to clarify what I do, I am a electronic savant, who recently worked the monitor and control system for DirecTVs HD transport, NOC, and KA band transmitter dishes. Now I'm a deployment consultant, traveling around the country installing data appliances. I have some music for you to hear as well,
    http://www.myspace.com/raytube39spowerstrip
    and I'm on some other tracks across myspace, but in other places...
    http://raytube.blogspot.com/
    See where I'm at in realtime...
    http://raytubes.com

    By Blogger raytubes, at February 1, 2008 at 9:35 PM  

  • Dang, I guess it does look more like a Texas flag redesign... which, of course, would be sacrilege.

    By Blogger Unknown, at February 3, 2008 at 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home