Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Nothing Says "Taste" Like Dead Guy Chocolate

We're all familiar with creepy Orville Redenbacher being resurrected to shill again for his popcorn, and Kurt Cobain selling Doc Martens from heaven. Here's another cheap stoop at a dead legend on the part of Hershey's.

Hi - I died a long time ago, but I'm still good for sales!
Saw this item in the checkout lane tonight at the grocery store and had to snap it up, seeing as it is a "collector edition" chocolate bar. (DOH! I cheapened my investment by opening the package. Crap! Guess I'd better go buy another and keep it in the freezer so I can sell it on eBay in 19 years, when it'll be worth $1.45.)

Look at that classy embossed chocolate likeness of Dale Earnhardt, NASCAR legend. That is freakin' awesome. I'll bet he tastes so good. This is only the second in the series of three collector's chocolate bars from Hershey's. Keeping my eyes open for numbers one and three.

Previously in shameless dead marketing

Previously in NASCAR

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

  • You would think using dead celebrities would make for quicker negotiations for the advertiser, but I doubt it. Those running the estate are probably harder to deal with than the original actual person. But when does dead become public domain? Could I use Edison for the new energy saving light bulbs? Is life itself copyrighted? Just wondering.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 4, 2008 at 10:09 AM  

  • So if they're old and you get the runs it's kind of a full circle right?

    By Blogger Joker, at June 5, 2008 at 12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home