Friday, February 26, 2010

Tea Party (with Red Peppers and Dom Perignon)

 

I am offering, for a short time, limited edition prints of my latest composition. (Click image for larger.) As I am terribly modest about my own work, I can't really explain it to you, so I'll share this review from Red State Art Digest:



At once haunting and timeless, Tea Party (with Red Peppers and Dom Perginon) is a masterwork of unparalleled import. The artist speaks in this kitchen scene to the passions, the fears, the freedoms and the dreams of the modern patriot. A brick of gold, a bong, a refrigerator bedecked with ageless truths, the artist blurs the boundaries between Libertarian and Libertine, offering us a glimpse of a new Age of Reason, where a man can dress as an 18th Century militia member and not be ridiculed for his patriotism.

The review went on with endless embarrassing flattery, but my modesty prohibits me sharing much more. OK, just a little more:

The spicy scent of the peppers nearly wafts from the canvas, reds so brilliant and succulent, while framed in the dual and subtle yellows of melted butter and solid gold, over which the patriot stands guard. Or does he guard his lady, she of the alluring eye and come-hither stance, suggesting a Fox News weekend anchorwoman? She represents truth, and the patriot will protect her.


Colour prints

20" x 16" £6000
16" x 12" £4300
12" x 10" £2800


Lith Prints

20" x 16" £5500
16" x 12" £3800
12" x 10" £2300

(In truth: I saw this old kitchen at the always awesome Plan 59, and it begged to be messed with.)

Labels: , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

  • First time on this site, maybe I don't get the humor. The picture is a joke, right? I mean you whipped that up in Photoshop, it has no meaning. I seriously hope people wouldn't buy that, its not art. No offense, but thats something somone makes messing around with photoshop learning the program. Theres no symbolism.

    By Anonymous Tim, at February 28, 2010 at 8:38 PM  

  • Oh really, Tim?

    Tell that to Red State Art Digest.





    Yes, it's a joke.

    Clearly not for everyone.

    By Blogger RFB, at March 1, 2010 at 8:18 AM  

  • LOL.
    I'm wondering about that kitchen table/stove thing. You'd maybe want to be careful where you leaned your elbows. It would come in handy for lighting cigarettes, I suppose.

    By Blogger Rick, at March 1, 2010 at 9:58 AM  

  • What do you mean it's a joke? Jetpacks, if I had any money left in my bank account, it would all go toward supporting your sweet ass design skills.

    By Blogger sara, at March 1, 2010 at 2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home