Thursday, February 07, 2008

Locals Only: Marketers Throwing Stones

Part IX in a series of reviews of very local advertising

It doesn't really fall into the category of "direct mail" since it arrives in the driveway, but I get these little offers once in a while. It's not a bad practice, really. A landscaper tosses a handful of decorative landscaping rocks in a Ziploc® bag along with a cheap flyer made in Word® (oh yeah! Algerian font!) and offers to help me make my yard look better.

From a delivery perspective, it's simple. Heavy bag, protected from the weather, flies pretty straight when tossed from a moving vehicle.

Can't cost too much, either.

The only problem I have with this is that the person tossing the bags of rocks likely drove past my house and said, "Oh, definitely! This dude needs major help. Toss one here." So I feel insulted and now more motivated to do it myself. I noted that my neighbor with the perfect yard didn't get one of these.

Previously in Locals Only

Labels: , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home