Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Jesus Tested. Jesus Approved.

Christians join free? Do I have to show my stigmata to prove it? And this guy posing in front of what looks like a Powerpoint presentation, he is Certified Christian? How do I know that if he isn't wearing Tim Tebow bible verses under his eyes? He looks like an anchorman, and we all know the mainstream media hate Jesus. Or is it just your site that is Certified Christian? Who does the certification? What are the criteria to become certified?And if I am Danny or Suzy Christian, my head now spins with so many questions. Shouldn't I trust God to find me a match? Am I thwarting God's will, perhaps even letting you play God, if I join? What about those people who you charged to join your site, who aren't Christians and therefore aren't entitled to the free membership? What happens when you match a believer and a non-believer? I can already hear the fighting around the Holidays, when Jack wants a Christmas tree and Jill wants a Menorah.

I hate "Christian" businesses. I hate the concept of marketing to a specific faith group. It fosters and further deepens an already elitist "us" versus "them" mentality.

And so Christians have their own plumbers and electricians and radio and book stores. Just look for the little fish symbol and you know you're in good hands. Good honest hands attached to a heart that is pure and a head that believes like you do. And votes like you do, too. "Unclean" would the believer become were he or she to listen to music "of the world," or watch movies and read books that didn't support a particular world view. Keep your radio tuned to schlocky sub-par crap and your iPod filled with poorly produced pseudo-gospel of a thousand sub-genres. Don't drink. Don't smoke. Don't eat food sacrificed to idols. Don't lust. Except in your heart for Sarah Palin. Buy the books. Attend the seminars. Use the phrase, "Judge not lest ye be judged," only when someone is judging you.

But I can go on and on on this topic. And have. Somebody find me an agent.

Banner ad found at The Awl.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

  • Sooo much money to made in the name of JESUS.

    Peace be with you.

    By Anonymous dirtsister, at December 1, 2009 at 5:10 PM  

  • You are so on the money, I could have written this post. I lost a daughter to the cult of the Christians. People say, well at least she isn't addicted to alcohol anymore. No, she's addicted to religion and they have her... hook, line and sinker. Whatever happened to ethics? I dont see a lot of that in organized religion these days-its more about power money and control. These people sicken me. OK. I'm done. Thanks for the space to vent. Good post.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 3, 2009 at 10:50 PM  

  • Jetpack....I once applied for a lucrative employment position with a new home builder in Clermont, FL. When I saw the Corporate Symbol was that universal fish, even though I was unemployed at the time, I passed on that opportunity. And Hey dirtsister!!

    By Blogger longrooffan, at December 4, 2009 at 7:25 PM  

  • amen, my brother.

    By Anonymous sinisterdesign, at December 6, 2009 at 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home