Friday, June 20, 2008

Hip-Hop-Lite-Pop-Metalists, I Got Your New Name

You know the way this works by now. Perusing Google News Headlines, I come up with seven names for musical acts each week. This week, I will suggest what sort of act/genre should take each name. But since genres are so specialized and drilled-down these days, I will be very specific.

  • Finding Ice
  • Euro retro-techno
  • Conducting a Drill
  • alt-emo-house-prog-rock
  • The Star Alliance
  • supergay 80s hair-arena-metal revival
  • Shadow of a Smile
  • male/female dark singer-songwriter duo on the verge of a breakup
  • The Angry Clerics
  • christian-thrash-drug-metal
  • Vancouver Footwear
  • emo-pop-neo-grunge
  • Extra Solar Earth
  • Thai rap-hip-hop-ska
    You're hurting my neck, jerk
    Do you have any more, Jetpacks? Uh...yes. About 118 more.

    (Title of post stolen from a certain Canadian power-trio.)

    Labels: , , , , , , , ,

    Bookmark and Share

    3 Comments:

    • Nice choice of the Weepies. Incidentally, I propose a slogan for that genre: "Every song is Sunday morning!"

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 21, 2008 at 8:03 AM  

    • I searched "male female singer songwriter" and they looked perfect.

      No offense to the Weepies, whom I never heard of before that search.

      By Blogger RFB, at June 21, 2008 at 8:12 AM  

    • We like them here. They are not, however, on the mp3 device's jogging playlist.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 22, 2008 at 9:51 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home