Friday, September 26, 2008

Jammakane Says "Psyche! I'll Debate Ya!"

Much has been written, spoken and shouted with insane partisan vitriol about the thinness of Obama's resume, and to reply with "He was a community organizer!" is a pretty weak retort. Obama's resume is extremely thin, but one thing Obama isn't is a knee-jerk, stunt-prone, crap-shootin' drama queen, like The War Hero Straight Talking Maverick Man of Action, John Sydney McCain III.

We've just been through eight years of a cock-sure bastard of a spoiled frat-boy President, and fully one half of this country is ready to replace him with another. Obama displays grace under pressure, whereas McCain acts on impulse, often looking petulant and borderline insane. Call it politics, but picking Sarah Palin showed a giant lapse in judgment, as did his recent "I've got to go to Washington and put my country first" bullshit ploy.

Turns out Ole Man will be at Ole Miss tonight for the big debate, now that he got his photo-op where he was pretending to be involved in the Wall Street bailout while pretending to suspend his campaign. I probably agree more with McCain on the issues than I do with Obama, but the man's severe lack of integrity, while loudly proclaiming what a man of integrity he is, makes me unable to take him seriously. With apologies to anyone who likes him, I think this guy is an absolute piece of shit, and I'm pretty sure I still have the right to think that in America.

I propose a new drinking game for tonight's debate:

  • Every time McCain says "My friends," do a shot.
  • Every time he says, "Here's some straight talk," do two shots.
  • Every time he refers to Vietnam or brings up being a POW, do three shots.
You will be wasted in five minutes.

Speaking of Ole Miss, how do they get away, in this day and age, of calling their team "The Rebels"? That old Southern Pride dies hard. Not that I am in favor of revisionist history, but Rebels? Really? Why not the Slave Holders? Or Racists? How about Lynch Mob?

And lest anyone doubt that this election is tinged with overt racism, there is an underground element at work that will never in a million years consider voting for a black man. I received a mass email last night, forwarded who-knows-how-many times to countless individuals. The text of the email said, "This is tooooo funny!!!!!" Below that was a Photoshopped image of Obama shining Palin's shoes. The original photograph can be seen here, and the photographer from Australia is not amused.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

  • Sounds like a fun, yet incredibly dangerous game. I think I'll try it with cheap beer instead because, with the economy in the shitter, the wife and I would never be able to afford that much booze.

    Oh, and I'd like to suggest one more:

    Every time he talks about "setting aside politics" or some such thing, you must finish the drink in your hand.

    You should come up with a name for this drinking game. Too bad "Asshole" is already taken.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 26, 2008 at 2:49 PM  

  • Off to the liquor store!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 26, 2008 at 3:50 PM  

  • Love the drinking game. I'll have to play it tonight.

    And amen to this post. Well-said. (And I'm not just saying that because I'm an Obama supporter.)

    Also, thought you might want to know that another jetpack made the news.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 26, 2008 at 5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home